Orange County is developing potential strategies along the Sand Lake Road Corridor between Apopka Vineland Road and Turkey Lake Road. After having received feedback from the community, a preferred alternative is being advanced and refined. Referred to in the project as "Alternative 2", this strategy offers the following elements:
- Improved mobility for eastbound and westbound traffic
- Improved median access for shopping centers and businesses
- A new, shared-use path for pedestrians and bicycles
- Enhanced roadway landscaping and aesthetics
- Upgraded signal coordination (INSYNC system)
Click here to view a study newsletter or visit SandLakeRoadStudy.com.
Other upcoming projects that will affect this corridor and the Dr. Phillips area include: