Mon, May 15, 2017
FULL AND COMPLETE RULES
Official Rules –West Orange Chamber of Commerce “Win a $100 Visa Gift Card by completing our Member Survey” Contest (“Contest”)
NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF PARTICIPATION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS, REGULATIONS, AND ORDINANCES. FOR COMPLETE RULES AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, VISIT http://WWW.WOCHAMBER.COM.
1. Contest Period: The Contest begins 8:00:00 PM ET on 6/6/2017; ends 11:59:00 PM ET on 6/29/2017 (“Contest Period”).
2. Entry: Entry can be made by completing the 2017 Member Survey via a link on Survey Monkey that will be emailed from the West Orange Chamber to all members at starting at 8 PM on June 6, 2017 and resent several times during the open survey period. Participants will have two opportunities to win a $100 Visa gift card. Early bird participants completing their surveys by 11:59 PM on Friday, June 16, 2017 have the first chance to win a $100 Visa gift card. The Early bird winner will be randomly selected and notified via email on Monday, June 19, 2017. All participants have a chance to win a second $100 Visa gift card until the survey is closed at 11:59 PM on June 29, 2017. The winner will be randomly selected and notified via email on Friday, June 30, 2017.
3. Entry Restrictions: All submissions must be received during the Contest Period and by no later than 11:59:00 PM ET on 6/29/2017. Limit one (1) entry per participant. All submissions, and the information contained thereon, become the exclusive property of Sponsor, including full rights for any promotional use including but not limited to sending mail electronically (by email) or by postal service, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of completion or submission of entry form will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for late or incomplete submissions, all of which will be disqualified. The use of any automated, robotic, mechanical, or repeatable system to participate, submit, or complete entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all duplicate entries from those individual participants.
4. Eligibility: Participation in the Contest is open only to people who are 18 years of age or older at time of participation. Contest Winner must be able to show proof of identification. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, as well as employees, officers and directors of its marketing and advertising agencies, as well as their Immediate Families (“Immediate Families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, regardless of where they live, and any other legal dependents or household members, whether related or not), are not eligible. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all participants.
5. Prize: Participants will have two opportunities to win a $100 Visa gift card.
6. Prize Restrictions: Any unclaimed or forfeited prize will not be awarded. Contest winner must sign Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release prior to receiving prize. Contest Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, and can only be accepted as awarded. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of prize may be made, and prize cannot be redeemed for cash, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize or portion of prize with another of equal or greater value. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. Winner will be required to submit a W-9 for tax purposes.
7. Contest Winner Selection: Participants will have two opportunities to win a $100 Visa gift card.
Early bird participants completing their surveys by 11:59 PM on Friday, June 16, 2017 have the first chance to win a $100 Visa gift card. The early bird winner will be selected by Patterson/Bach Communications, a marketing agency acting as an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of Contest Prize Winner are final. Winner will be selected at random. Winner does not need to be present at the time winning entry is drawn. Winner will be notified via email on Monday, June 19, 2017 by a representative of the West Orange Chamber.
All participants have a chance to win a second $100 Visa gift card until the survey is closed at 11:59 PM on June 29, 2017. The second winner will be selected by Patterson/Bach Communications, a marketing agency acting as an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of Contest Prize Winner are final. Winner will be selected at random. Winner does not need to be present at the time winning entry is drawn. Winner will be notified via email on Friday, June 30, 2017 by a representative of the West Orange Chamber.
8. Winner Verification: CONTEST WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
9. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning in the random drawing depend on the number of eligible successful entries received for the drawing during the Contest Period. The odds of winning are 1 in number of eligible successful entries received.
10. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, all participants are bound by, fully understand and unconditionally agree to and accept each and every one of these Official Rules, and the actions and decisions of Sponsor or Patterson/Bach Communications, 2600 Maitland Center Parkway, Suite 360, Maitland, FL 32751 as independent judge, which are final and binding in all respects.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes the participant’s full consent to Sponsor’s and marketing promotion agency’s use of participant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical and demographic information, residence town and state, for promotional purposes in any media at any time without any further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions: This Contest is governed by the laws of the State of Florida. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Contest if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Contest Prize at random from among the non-suspect eligible successful entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in any unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Contest, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned due to causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) and award the prize(s) at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment or (b) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
13. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST AND/OR RECEIVING ANY CONTEST PRIZE, EACH CONTEST PARTICIPANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LEGAL OR EQUITABLE, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, THAT PARTICIPANT HAD, NOW HAS, OR MAY HAVE, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST AND/OR RECEIPT, USE, OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY PRIZE AGAINST SPONSOR AND SPONSOR’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING AGENCIES, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS AND AGENTS OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR PERSONS, FIRM, CORPORATION, ASSOCIATION, PARTNERSHIP OR ENTITY ACTING ON THEIR BEHALF, AND ALL OTHER RELATED BUSINESS ENTITIES OF ANY TYPE OWNED OR OPERATED AT THIS TIME, OR AT ANY PAST TIME (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”). BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR, AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASEES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASEES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND. Releasees are not responsible for any loss, cost, damage, charge, expense or the like suffered by or allegedly suffered by any party for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation any: (1) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software; (2) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or internet service; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the contest; (4) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the contest; (5) printing or typographical errors in any contest-related advertising or materials; (6) for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate entries or mail, or for entries that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, human or other error; (7) electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this contest or downloading any materials or information on this contest, or inability to access any location associated with this promotion, or process any action thereon; or (8) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to any computer, hardware, or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the contest or receipt, use, or enjoyment of any prize.
14. Publicity Release: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, PARTICIPANT’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO PARTICIPANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
15. Claims: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida. Participants agree to waive all defenses to jurisdiction and agree to submit to exclusive jurisdiction in Orange County, Florida, for any legal proceeding between the participants and Sponsor for any purpose. Participants agree that disputes arising under these Official Rules shall be first submitted to arbitration in accordance with the state arbitration laws of Florida (Chapter 682, Florida Statutes). Notices shall be in writing and deemed given and received when delivered in person, by certified mail, or by commercial courier. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
16. Waiver of Right to Jury Trial: EACH PARTICIPANT IN THIS CONTEST DOES, BY COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING ANY ENTRY FORM, IRREVOCABLY WAIVE AND RELEASE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL FOR ANY ACTIONS ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR IN ANY WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF A RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL EXTENDS TO AND INCLUDES EACH AND EVERY CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION, OR DISPUTE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE, WHETHER SOUNDING IN TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, WHICH ANY PARTICIPANT MAY HAVE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST OR THEREAFTER, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUD OR DURESS IN THE INDUCEMENT IN ENTERING THE CONTEST. THE RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL IS HEREBY EXPRESSLY AND COMPLETELY WAIVED AND RELEASED. BY COMPLETING AND SUBMITTING AN ENTRY FORM FOR THIS CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE OF THE RIGHT OF JURY TRIAL IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT TO THE SPONSOR’S OFFERING OF THE CONTEST.
18. Winner’s List: Contest results may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to “West Orange Chamber of Commerce Member Survey Giveaway Winner’s List”, c/o Patterson/Bach, 2600 Maitland Center Parkway, Suite 360, Maitland, FL 32751. Requests must be received no later than June 6, 2018.
19. Sponsor: West Orange Chamber of Commerce, 12184 W. Colonial Drive, Winter Garden, FL 34747. West Orange Chamber of Commerce shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright©2017 West Orange Chamber of Commerce. All trademarks and logos used herein are trademarks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Copyright©2017 West Orange Chamber of Commerce. All rights reserved.