Home » West Orange Political Alliance (WOPA) » WOPA Purpose
The purposes of this Corporation shall be as followS:
- To identify and monitor regulatory and legislative activity at the state and local levels which affect the economy and culture of West Orange County, Florida, and to seek to influence these activities in such ways as to bring benefit to the West Orange County community.
- To unite the West Orange County community to combine their efforts to promote the growth and development of the community.
- To support candidates for county and state offices (including school board and judicial candidates). The Corporation may not participate in the election of candidates for federal or municipal offices.
- To encourage well-qualified individuals who utilize principles of responsible free enterprise to meet the needs for sound growth and development in the West Orange County community.
- To stimulate a more active and effective role of the citizenry in government affairs.
- To raise funds and provide support to candidates, without regard to party affiliations.
- To participate in support of or opposition to local or statewide issues.
- To develop an intelligent, aggressive and serviceable organization to represent and support the business, civic, residential and community interests of West Orange County, Florida.
- To provide an opportunity to individuals for political expression and recognition, to train them as political workers and leaders, and provide a practical means by which they may contribute to the development and betterment of West Orange County businesses, residents and the community.
- To take all actions which are extensions of any of the foregoing purposes.