Ocoee’s Helping their Restaurants Reopen
Ocoee, FL We want to assist our restaurants in reopening. As part of the Governors Executive Order 20-112, Phase 1 Business Reopening Plan, the City of Ocoee has relaxed regulations to encourage outdoor seating. Whereas a permit is required to ensure safety requirements are being met, the City will not be charging for the permit. Outside seating will be allowed for a period of 30 days or until full seating is allowed by the State of Florida. The following outlines the Ocoee Restaurant Outdoor Dining program.
- Restaurants may utilize outdoor space, owned or leased by the Restaurant Operator such as parking areas, to provide for outdoor seating.
- For restaurants operating at 25% indoor capacity that also wish to offer outdoor seating in a commercial strip center, the City shall not require additional parking.
- If additional outdoor dining space is located within a parking area, a temporary physical barrier must be placed separating the dining from the remaining parking.
- Must comply with all applicable Fire District regulations.
- Must comply with all Florida Health Department regulations.
- Must not negatively impact ingress/egress to the building or property.
- A permit shall be required for all outdoor seating and Restaurant Operators shall apply for a permit from the City to erect a tent to provide customers with outdoor seating options; however, the City will waive the cost of the permit for outdoor seating and/or erecting such tent.
- All regulations or criteria established by City staff for erecting and maintain such outdoor tents shall at all times be complied with by the Restaurant and Restaurant Operator.
- Social distancing and all other COVID-19 safety requirements imposed by federal, state, or local authorities apply with regard to indoor and outdoor seating capability of Restaurants.
- If a restaurant is not the property owner, then it must obtain written permission from the landlord prior to installation.
- Regulations pertaining to outdoor entertainment are not affected by this Order.
- All temporary outdoor dining areas must be maintained clean of litter.
- Upon acceptance of such a permit, Restaurant Operator acknowledges and agrees that said permit may be revoked by the City at any time.