OAKLAND, FL —The Town of Oakland is moving to Phase 2 for reopening on Monday, June 15, with the following service changes going into effect:
- Town Hall will operate with increased staffing but will remain closed to the public for in-person services. This decision was made to protect our residents, especially older persons and those with underlying medical conditions—and our employees.
- Those with questions may continue to call the main number at 407-656-1117 during normal business hours.
- The Oakland Meeting Hall and Historic Town Hall will not be available for public rentals during Phase 2.
Utility Bill Payments
- Residents wishing to pay utility bills are strongly encouraged to call in credit card payments to 407-656-1117 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or drop their payments by cash or check in the utility payment box at Town Center or through the mail slot on the side door of Town Hall, located at 230 N. Tubb St.
- In recognition of financial hardships that customers may experience, service disconnections for water customers have been temporarily suspended. This policy may be adjusted as the situation develops.
Planning & Zoning (Building Permits)
- The Town of Oakland Planning & Zoning Department Offices located at 301 N. Tubb St. Suite #114 will continue limiting hours for in-person service to 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Monday through Friday for pick up and payment of permits and drop-off of new permit applications.
- The public is strongly encouraged to call in credit card payments between these operating hours to 407-656-1117 ext. 2105 or bring a check made payable to the Town of Oakland.
Business Tax Receipts
- The Public Works Department at 50 E. Gulley Ave. will be closed to the public and is only open for deliveries.
- Parks are open, and playgrounds will open in line with Orange County Parks & Recreation. Park visitors are urged to maintain proper social distancing of at least six feet.
Oakland Avenue Charter School (OACS)
- Oakland Avenue Charter School will follow state guidelines for reopening.
- Oakland Police Department is operating normally with modified non-emergency responses. Fingerprinting services and golf cart permitting are suspended until further notice. For more information, call 407-656-9797, ext. 2. For emergencies, call 911.
- Orange County Fire Rescue Station 37 is operating normally providing fire and EMS services.
Oakland Nature Preserve
- The museum will be open for limited hours based on staff and volunteer availability.
- The Boardwalk is going through a major renovation and some sections will be closed. Construction began June 9 and will continue into mid-September. Visitors should follow posted detour and safety signage while enjoying the Boardwalk.
- Visitors should wear face coverings, recreate in groups of less than 10, maintain social distance of at least 6 feet apart while on the trails and avoid touching common surfaces such as handrails, benches, etc.